OK. Now this is just wierd

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Pictures:
I could not find alive larvae in my plants, neither fresh gall, which means that my plaguicide is working fine.
My advice is to remove the galls and destroy it asap.
Are those plants growing with you for a while or are new adquisitions?

4eby4eqe.jpg

3u6ubury.jpg

9yjupagu.jpg

8yruqa5y.jpg

Lance suggested I clarify that those are not my plants - I was trying to help out another grower by posting to this forum, where I know the average level of experience and intelligence is pretty high.

The plants in question reside in Argentina.

Lance suggested I clarify that those are not my plants - I was trying to help out another grower by posting to this forum, where I know the average level of experience and intelligence is pretty high.

The plants in question reside in Argentina.

Yeah, sure Ray.

Eliseo's photos look similar to these:

http://www.sel.barc.usda.gov/hym/chalcids/eurytomid/EuryAroids.html

Mostly in S. & C. America.

Did you by any chance ID's the insect species? The original photos look a bit different, but they may be at the different stage of infection. There is a reference to Kraus & Tanoue 1999, which studied this gall in C. guttata, so it might give some additional info.

Eliseo's photos look similar to these:

http://www.sel.barc.usda.gov/hym/chalcids/eurytomid/EuryAroids.html

Mostly in S. & C. America.

Did you by any chance ID's the insect species? The original photos look a bit different, but they may be at the different stage of infection. There is a reference to Kraus & Tanoue 1999, which studied this gall in C. guttata, so it might give some additional info.

In my case it is a small black wasp... but I have not Identified the species.
The galls of my pictures are about nine months old, and now the plants are pest free... but if you are interested i can get some specimens to be identified since this plague is very common here in Columbia.

As the amount of pests are being introduced to the U.S. :crazy:, I foresee another 'monster' in my orchids. :viking:

Latest posts

Back