Nothing wrong with red paph?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baodai

Reaction score
This one is dedicated to NYEric. ( I picked them up at homedepot LOL )
Just a sharing, enjoy everyone
BD

Attachments

• NTWWred.JPG
    NTWWred.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 113
Even better than a lot of other red hangs I've seen in the pictures. I am glad that not all of the best plants end up in Taiwan & Japan.
Congratulation, you are one of the most lucky person on earth.
Somebody told me that the red spotting on the sheath( the small vertical mini leaf-like that protects the flower bud, before the spike lengthens) is an indication of red flower but I saw one plant w/ green sheath w/ more red blush flower than another w/ the red sheath.
Could you help debunk that myth for us, are your two plants have red sheath or normal green sheath. How do they compare w/ the sheaths of the yellow hangs?

Last edited:
Even better than a lot of other red hangs I've seen in the pictures. I am glad that not all of the best plants end up in Taiwan & Japan.
Congratulation, you are one of the most lucky person on earth.
Somebody told me that the red spotting on the sheath( the small vertical mini leaf-like that protects the flower bud, before the spike lengthens) is an indication of red flower but I saw one plant w/ green sheath w/ more red blush than another w/ the red sheath.
Could you help debunk that myth for us, are your two plants have red sheath or normal green sheath. How do they compare w/ the sheaths of the yellow hangs?
Hein,
What about the base of the plants, Red? or no Red?

Hein,
What about the base of the plants, Red? or no Red?
Most of the pictures that peoples put up on websites around the world never shown that far down the plants, so I never notice whether any plant has red base or not.
Wish more peoples show & discuss about the whole plant feature, and what is the telling sign of a red flower plant.
If you look at the Photo that posted by Baodai, the 3rd red flower from left seems to have a pigment sheath (but the lighting & focus is not clear enough for me to be sure) I could not see any sheath from the rest of the other 3 plants to guess.
Eric, do you remember seeing whether those plants at WOC have red base or not?

So, are they, or are they not available in the U.S.? I assume you are talking about the Miami WOC.

this is all based on rumor but i think that the few flasks at the woc were allowed legal status by the fws officers. i may be very wrong and would appreciate anyone with more accurate info chiming in...

Close up pic ... I will put in some notes when i get a chance about this guy ... EricNY, check home depot next to your place harder next time .... LOL Enjoy everyone
"life is just like a piece of chocolate ..."

Attachments

• hangmred.JPG
    hangmred.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 28
EricNY, check home depot next to your place harder next time .... LOL Enjoy everyone
"life is just like a piece of chocolate ..."

If I find these in a Home Depot in this area I'm running away as fast as possible so the CITES police don't follow me home!
BTW, yes, they are in the US of A, availability[?] don't hold your breath. ;)

If I find these in a Home Depot in this area I'm running away as fast as possible so the CITES police don't follow me home!
BTW, yes, they are in the US of A, availability[?] don't hold your breath. ;)

From now on, when I go to Home Depot, I will be looking for them.:D

Latest posts

Back