New Purchases

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hchan

A bit of a shopping trip this weekend:

Paph. Deperle - has some colouration on undersides of foliage, so I'm expecting it to be a non-album form.

Colmanara (or Oncidioda or Miltonidium) Kilauea 'Pacific Harvest) - which I've posted already http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19158

Masd. ignea x Pichincha - rather reckless purchase as we're going through high temperatures at the moment! I've posted a question on another thread, hopefully it'll survive...

Zyg. Kiwi Choice x Adelaide Oval - I'm a sucker for Zygs because they smell nice!

Even the "colored" Deperles usually just have a small bit of freckling near the base of the petals. Delenatii can kill color, but sometimes you can get pink pouches when mixed with the other cochlos.

Thanks Ernie, I didn't know that. I've think seen photos of Deperles that have colouring all over, but I guess they're rare. I'll take a photo of the leaves and show you. I guess I just wasn't expecting Deperle leaves to have that kind of coloration for an almost white flower.

So what do you guys think? Is that normal?

b2c1a3f8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice choices for Sydney, they should all grow well.......might have to watch the Masdevallia and baby it though. Can't wait to see photos of the plants in flower.

Nice choices for Sydney, they should all grow well.......might have to watch the Masdevallia and baby it though. Can't wait to see photos of the plants in flower.

Thanks :) I posted a question in your Masdevallia Magic Dragon thread, but you might not have seen it just yet. You do really well with them, can you share some tips please? Like how did you baby them through the Melbourne heatwaves?! I'm having some trouble finding a spot in the house that is cool yet bright enough.

Excellent shopping-nice variety!! Be sure to let us know how you do with the masdie. I'm afraid to try them here as I don't want to watch a masdie decline in a Texas summer.

Excellent shopping-nice variety!! Be sure to let us know how you do with the masdie. I'm afraid to try them here as I don't want to watch a masdie decline in a Texas summer.

I've certainly chosen a bad time to try one; it's heatwave week this week. Outside temperatures 35-40 degrees Celsius (95-104 F)! Hmm.... it's alive and I'm babying it. It's not a warmth tolerant one either, which is why I said it was a reckless purchase. The coolest I can keep it this week, short of putting it in the fridge, is a daytime high of 25 C (77F). Any tips from anyone please on keeping Masdevallia alive through a heatwave?!

Latest posts

Back