Myrmecophila tibicinis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

My piece I got in trade for labor from the So. IL Univ. Carbondale greenhouse

DSCF6583.jpg

DSCF6590.jpg

Forrest

Very nice! I wish I could get mine to successfully bloom. The spikes keep going up to the ceiling and then they fry in the heat. I've recently moved it to the floor. Let's hope the next spike will be as nice as yours.

yes, I got mine some years ago as Schomburgkia! did not yet try to cut a bulb :):)! Forrest, thanks for the very nice pics!!! Any tips for blooming this one?? Jean

That's a great photo, Forrest! I recognize that back yard. :) What goes with a tibicinus??? "Red and black antennae waving; we all do it the same; we all do it the same way, yeah..."

-Ernie

P.S. reference to "Ants Marching"

yes, I got mine some years ago as Schomburgkia! did not yet try to cut a bulb :):)! Forrest, thanks for the very nice pics!!! Any tips for blooming this one?? Jean

Lots of direct sunlight always, and extra fert and water while the roots are growing. This one does most of its growing over the winter and goes dormant after flowering all summer.

Forrest

Beautiful! I have a Myrmecophila thomsoniana. It's similar. I had mine outside, and the ants arrived! NY state ants, to boot! It's back inside...I hope to get a bloom someday. That's just beautiful!!! :clap:

This thing just keeps reblooming. Third set of flowers on this spike this year. The other got damaged at the base and only got two in. Flower presentation, and to a lesser degree color have been different each reblooming.

DSCF6909.jpg

DSCF6919.jpg

DSCF6913.jpg

Forrest

Latest posts

Back