Mushrooms and Bees

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
With all the rain we have had our 2 of our mushroom logs went wild ! Anyone have any good receipes ? The other 2 logs are fall producing .
armand-07.jpg

Hubby robbed his bees and worked extracting the honey ,and he then places the empty honeycombs with what little remains on them outside for the bees to clean. They get every drop that is left ! Life in the country is grand !:)
armand-08.jpg

Very nice pics!!! You can cook the mushrooms with other vegetables (peper, carrot etc) adding ginger and soya sauce in a pan (i cannot describe it completely...sorry...:( I hope you get the idea)!!! Yummy!!!:)

Gilda, what kind of mushrooms are they? I've purchased the soil kits as Christmas gifts for family but have eyed the log kits. They wouldn't do well here with the high heat and no humidity, but would love the area where my MIL lives.

Are they Shitake?

Candace & Hien , yes they are Shitake.
These logs were inoculated by a friend last year . This has been a good rainy year for them. Last year we had a drought ! I tried a receipe that I saw on You Tube for roasted Shitakes. You slice them into strips , toss with a few tablespoons of EVO and sprinkle with some sea salt. Roast in oven at 350 for an hour , stiriring frequently. They come out tasting like bacon !!

Back