• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking for flasks not on ebay

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well besides the obvious of Sam at Orchid Inn, there is Marilyn at Windy Hill Gardens, Chuck, at Flasks by Acker, Dave at Paph Paradise. Hope that helps. Oh yea, don't forget Hengduan Mountains Biotechnology as they will be here in the states next month, although possible their deadline has past. That should keep you busy :poke:

My experience with them is from a number of years back. I can recall that it was almost impossible to get on there list for paph flasks. You had to watch every day and jump the second you found something. Way to much work for my liking.

Apart from Orchid Inn (who are really great) I have had great flasks from Hung sheng and Holger Perner

Thanks!!!!! Has anybody have experience with troy meyers?

They are good. I received 2 last week, too. They seem to have lower yield with Paphs, though. In principle, I like what they are doing because it can reduce the erosion in genetic diversity (i.e. AOS judging stuff).

I also just received 2 flasks from Meyers. Dependable for finding species, if you have patience...the Phrag flask I reserved wasn't full but they let me know and reduced the price. Troy is really good about communicating! I plan on getting more flasks from them in the future.

David

I've been looking, all thats got my interest is purflora but they are not responding back

keep at them. It takes a bit of work. They are preparing for the Miami show so it may be a week or 2

Beside Sam's flasks I liked flasks from Ching Hua Orchids and Hung Sheng. They do use glass bottles that you need to break, but most of their plantlets had wonderful roots and didn't take long to establish.
If they ever travel to a show near you, check them out.

Beside Sam's flasks I liked flasks from Ching Hua Orchids and Hung Sheng. They do use glass bottles that you need to break, but most of their plantlets had wonderful roots and didn't take long to establish.
If they ever travel to a show near you, check them out.

You have been to a show where Ching Hua or Hung Sheng have been to!?

Ching Hua were in Ottawa last spring and will be in Vancouver and Edmonton this year.
They are not sure if they will go to Ottawa this year, so my flasks pre-order hangs in the air :( There is no way I can pick them up from Vancouver or Edmonton.

I just got my first flask ever from Tom Kalina at Fox Valley Orchids. It is a venustum x tigrinum hybrid. Two of my faves crossed!
Tom was awesome to deal with and took the time to answer all of my beginner basic questions that I am sure he is tired of answering, but he did none the less. Great experience and the little ones are doing great!

Latest posts

Back