Half sisters

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

I was torn between seperate posts but the comparisons that others have been doing is neat!
On the left is venustum x helenae (4growths, from Ross - Thanks!), on the right is helenae x Jolly Green Gem (3 growths, an ebay purchase). Both are in 3" pots.

Seperate portraits, both flowers are very glossy, helenae x JGG does not have white patche on the petals.

Interesting! I like the subtle influence venustum has on the cross, especially the veining on the pouch! :clap:

The photos seem to have a strong cyan-blue color cast, which makes the colors look not so vibrant as they probably are in person. Nice comparison, though.

The photos seem to have a strong cyan-blue color cast, which makes the colors look not so vibrant as they probably are in person. Nice comparison, though.
Actually the first pics I took were too yellowish & then it dawned on me to change the white balance as I was using CF. This is pretty accurate on the color.

Actually the first pics I took were too yellowish & then it dawned on me to change the white balance as I was using CF. This is pretty accurate on the color.
If you look at the white pot in the second picture, you'll see that it is cyan-blue. That color permeates all the photos. If you can manually set the white balance, aim your lens at a piece of white paper in the light you'll take the photograph in to set the balance. You'll see the difference.

Thanks Dot! I don't think I can set it manually, but I'll fool around with it tomorrow!

I hope you don't mind, Rose. I felt I had to do a visual explanation:

Rose-Paph.jpg

I hope you don't mind, Rose. I felt I had to do a visual explanation.
Don't mind at all! Gorgeous! I understood what you were saying, it was a matter if I could achieve it, I know I don't use my camera to it's full potential!:sob: Do you use photobucket to post your pics?

Don't mind at all! Gorgeous! I understood what you were saying, it was a matter if I could achieve it, I know I don't use my camera to it's full potential!:sob: Do you use photobucket to post your pics?
Yes. I also use Photoshop for image correction before I post anything to photobucket.

Beautiful both, but venustum x helenae is better I think (colours and shape)...:D

Back