Cymb. Peace in the World

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guarceñosis

Reaction score
Cymb. Peace in the World now with 11 inflorecences. Its a huge plant.315b100ac29155060a03720a71430fbd.jpgbd07e0ddcecbb5a067bb8127cbeef49c.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-G955F mediante Tapatalk

That's very pretty. I like the Cymbs that are overall green with contrasting red lip like that. I'd love to see that in person. Do you have more photos? 11 inflorescences sounds impressive! Congratulations on that.

Abax, there have been lots of advances in recent years in terms of developing more warmth tolerate standard Cymbidiums. I've got a NOID that was given to me a few years ago and I've finally managed to (poorly) rebloom it this year here in central NC.

I keep it outside while temperatures are above 30F from spring to fall, and it seems happy. It developed 3 spikes this year for the first time. Unfortunately most of the buds dropped off before opening, though. I think I was keeping it too dry and it probably got spooked by the change of conditions when I moved it indoors once temperatures dropped below 30.

Stunningly beautiful standard Cym. I used to try to bloom them and never
managed flowers, but they grew well. I donno why!
I am not sure about this information,
but from what I heard,
most standard cymbidiums require chill in order to spike, so growers leave them outdoors until "almost frost temperature season" before bring them inside.
Autumn temperature must be 50-60F or below to initiate flower spikes.
Winter are 45-55F at night and 65-75F during the day

Back