Coryanthes macrantha

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do not have redwood bark chips here. I use pine bark and sphagnum moss.

Thanks. I receive my plant on Wednesday. I am so nervous. I hope that it will like my conditions enough to live let alone bloom for me. It is currently potted in Sphag. I wonder whether I should repot it into a medium bark mix which I use on my paphs and add some moss to it also?

Was recently reading about nitrogen use in other acid loving "ant" species. In this case a Catesetum.

Since the pH was so low, it had problems accessing both nitrate and ammonia, so the prefered nitrogen source was the amino acid glutamine.

This is readily available in kelp extracts.

Thanks Rick. I did hear that some ppl use liquid seaweed to feed it. I have also read that some ppl use liquid nitrogen? Maybe I should use a combination of them both in weak doses?

Could you tell us what "liquid nitrogen" is. The only one I am familiar with is elemental Nitrogen gas, liquified by cooling to -200 Celsius.

LOL. Sorry Rick, I meant N in a liquid form - as opposed to slow release pellets -, as in N.P.K 35-10-10.

Latest posts

Back