Capitalizing on K-Lite

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Orchid Iconoclast
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those of you who know me and my business philosophy understand that First Rays does not carry stuff for sale just to make a buck, but only sell what I use and believe in.

Apparently I am fairly unique in that, as the company that produces K-Lite fertilizer for me (who had committed to making it only for me) has been pressured by other vendors to sell it to them, I suppose so that they can capitalize on its popularity.

As that manufacturer has treated me so well over the years, I did not feel I would be doing right by asking them not to sell it elsewhere, so I suppose we'll soon see who the "glommers" are.

Anyone want to make any guesses?

I'm pretty sure that as long as you are responsive and fair to your customers, you will maintain a loyal base.

Ray, if fert companies are interested in selling K-Lite, it can only be a good thing for you. I would bet that there are many people who are not convinced of the benefits of a low K diet, and consider K-Lite to be a fringe product. Once it's carried by others, it will gain credibility, and sales will increase across the board, including yours.

Cracks me up!! Bill Argo himself seemed a tad skeptical when Greencare put it together for us back at the end of 2011.

How many users are we up to at this point Ray?

Ray, don't worry, no one knows about the pinch of special additive you add to each bottle.
When they add up the percentages they they will see that it only equals 28.847%.
I know we are not supposed to reveal the existence of the secret but I feel they should know that without the secret ingredient that you hid in the other 71.153% it will make their plants grow backwards. Just want to be fair.

Actually, to be fair and honest on my own part, I have capitalized on K-Lite too. I only intended to be nice to the group and have it made for the testing, but the demand was pretty good, so since the initial 125# acquired in November of 2011, I've sold around 2500# of the stuff to about 175 individuals.

Thanks, Rick.

One idea that occurred to me is to ask Greencare to add credits to the label of material going out the door.

In the case of MSU that is obvious in the name of the product.

Klite not so obvious.

So maybe the label can include the AOS article citation.

That indirectly plugs all the Slippertalk colaborators and Greencare.

Latest posts

Back