Bulbo. 'not Ron's!'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

:rollhappy: actually the tag says Bulbo.pardalotum. I got a 2" overgrown pot from Natt's last Sept. It's been blooming all summer!

This rambler is planted in half a coconut shell in diatomite. It gets some morning sun otherwise shade. I took ithese pics at 8am. by 9:30am it was closed up like a clam! 6 new spikes/buds!

WOW!!! GReat!!!! Is this a cocnut shell you have put it in... Nice trick...;)

very nice Rose...mine is always closed by the time I get around to picture taking. Why risk getting damaged when your pollinator isn't active..I assume that is why it closes. There are other Bulbo species with that trait as well

Why risk getting damaged when your pollinator isn't active..I assume that is why it closes. There are other Bulbo species with that trait as well

It could also keep it from getting pollinated by the wrong thing.

That's a cute Bulbo flower Rose. This plant will look great totally overgrowing the pot, and having a few dozen flowers open at once.

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

very cute!

I'd never see the flower, though. :( That is, even if I could grow it.....

very nice Rose...mine is always closed by the time I get around to picture taking. Why risk getting damaged when your pollinator isn't active..I assume that is why it closes. There are other Bulbo species with that trait as well
That's what I assumed, it likes a night visitor!

Nice flower -- different. Does it have "fragrance?"
No fragrance that I know of, maybe I'll have to give it a whiff at night!

It could also keep it from getting pollinated by the wrong thing.That's a cute Bulbo flower Rose. This plant will look great totally overgrowing the pot, and having a few dozen flowers open at once.
Good thought, I didn't think of it that way - plants are smart! I'm kinda excited about all the new spikes although they're at different stages, maybe a few will be open at the same time.
This species loves to ramble so I thought the coconut shell was a good choice, as it should last forever. It's filled with hydroton so the potting media will not be breakin' down either!

Back