barbatum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like that.😁

Cool! I've grown Phrags in pure rockwool and I've used a rockwool based mix for Paphs, both successfully. But I've not tried pure rockwool for Paphs. Do you keep them consistently wet or do you have to let it dry out a bit? Paphs can be so hit or miss for me, unlike Phrags, so I'm always looking for ideas to increase my success with them. Do the roots grow down into the pot or do they mostly stay near the surface?

Cool! I've grown Phrags in pure rockwool and I've used a rockwool based mix for Paphs, both successfully. But I've not tried pure rockwool for Paphs. Do you keep them consistently wet or do you have to let it dry out a bit? Paphs can be so hit or miss for me, unlike Phrags, so I'm always looking for ideas to increase my success with them. Do the roots grow down into the pot or do they mostly stay near the surface?
I use soaking watering in winter, once per week, but when gh is opened, i change to showering. Rockwool can take up 400 ml water/1 l rockwool!!! Optimal to keep water content between 40-85 percent. Easy to controll, just take a pot into your hand.....if algee or moss grow on the surface, it is good sign...There is no acidification, infection in rockwool, easy to controll pH ...i keep the same way themIMG_20240424_071230.jpg

I use soaking watering in winter, once per week, but when gh is opened, i change to showering. Rockwool can take up 400 ml water/1 l rockwool!!! Optimal to keep water content between 40-85 percent. Easy to controll, just take a pot into your hand.....if algee or moss grow on the surface, it is good sign...There is no acidification, infection in rockwool, easy to controll pH ...i keep the same way them

Sounds great! Yes, it worked very well for Phrags. Maybe next time I repot Paphs, I'll try a few out in pure rockwool to see how it does for me. Thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back