Awards at L.A.D.O.S.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimspaphs

Reaction score
Had 4 A.O.C. /Q.O.S.awards granted at th Logan and District Orchid Society August meeting.
Global Harmony`Cjassic`---AM 80.3
Lamourose`Marie`-- HCC 77.7
Magnetic North`Lucky Strike`--- AM 80.3
Marie-Galant x Blendia ---HCC 77.5

Attachments

• Group Awards 2012 IMG_0921.JPG
    Group Awards 2012 IMG_0921.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Global Harmony`Classic` IMG_0741.JPG
    Global Harmony`Classic` IMG_0741.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Lamourose`Marie` IMG_0929.JPG
    Lamourose`Marie` IMG_0929.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Magnetic North`Lucky Strike` IMG_0811.JPG
    Magnetic North`Lucky Strike` IMG_0811.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 29
  • Marie-Galante x Blendia`Marie` IMG_0932.JPG
    Marie-Galante x Blendia`Marie` IMG_0932.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 25
:clap: Well-deserved, Jim! :clap:

I love your breedings and your photos, thanks a lot for sharing !

WOW!!! 4 AWARDS in one shot!! You're putting us to shame!
Congrats! Well done!

Very nice. Normally I don't care at all for complexes, but you can't deny these flowers recognition. Very nice form and color. Great plants!

jim how about some background - where are they from, how long have you had them, what plans to breed on? had a great time looking at the pedigrees of these...Do you have a photo of your Another Hunter? Global Harmony sure is a lovely grex.

background

Tim,Global Harmony was a cross made by Rod Mackinney of Mackinneys Nursery here in Brisbane.---The seedlings were labeled as --Warrawong x (Mildred Hunter x Thule x x Trinadad) .---One flowered in a 3 inch pot(`Marie's Treasure) so I purchased it and another half a dozen seedlings.Two have received AM (`Classic` and `Oasis`) and some of the others are promising .---Oasis went on to win Australian Orchid Hybrid of the Year in 1998.---I have used `Oasis` and `Maries Treasure` in my breeding but most of them are still to flower.
From left are`Bin`---`Maries Treasure`---`RSN`---`TY`-and`Oasis`.

jim how about some background - where are they from, how long have you had them, what plans to breed on? had a great time looking at the pedigrees of these...Do you have a photo of your Another Hunter? Global Harmony sure is a lovely grex.

Attachments

• Global Harmony`Bin` DSCN2946.jpg
    Global Harmony`Bin` DSCN2946.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 5
  • Global Harmony`Marie's Treasure` IMG_0362.jpg
    Global Harmony`Marie's Treasure` IMG_0362.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Global Harmony`RSN` IMG_3392.JPG
    Global Harmony`RSN` IMG_3392.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Global Harmony`TY` DSCN1162.JPG
    Global Harmony`TY` DSCN1162.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Global Harmony`Oasis` IMG_0546.JPG
    Global Harmony`Oasis` IMG_0546.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 6
a beautiful group, and apparently very high-percentage cross...i wonder who else has seedlings. i assumed since you registered the cross the parents were yours, and was interested in the Another Hunter because all those parents - Mildred Hunter, Thule, and Trinidad are pretty poorly shaped flowers.

parents

Tim The cross was made by mackinneys nursery and by the time the seedlings flowered mildred hunter x Thule x Trinadad had passed away.--I do have the Warrawong in my collection and I think the good genes came from it.(Winston Churchill x Keelat)

a beautiful group, and apparently very high-percentage cross...i wonder who else has seedlings. i assumed since you registered the cross the parents were yours, and was interested in the Another Hunter because all those parents - Mildred Hunter, Thule, and Trinidad are pretty poorly shaped flowers.

yes I saw the photo - I am totally unfamiliar with Keelat as well, but the Warrawong is very nicely colored.

Did Joyce Spence make the cross of Magnetic North or was that someone else?

It's a shame you can't get US material and vice versa...

Keelat

Keelat (Etta x John Keeling) was used in Australia for its good spotting.I had a plant but lost it.
Joyce Spence gave me her records when she sold her collection and they read.
8-8-73 Magnetic North ---seedling from Wondabah Orchids .
4-11-83 received approval from Ratcliffe to register the cross.
So it was a Ratcliffe cross.

yes I saw the photo - I am totally unfamiliar with Keelat as well, but the Warrawong is very nicely colored.

Did Joyce Spence make the cross of Magnetic North or was that someone else?

It's a shame you can't get US material and vice versa...

Attachments

• KEELAT.JPG
    KEELAT.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Records Joyce IMG_0997.JPG
    Records Joyce IMG_0997.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back