Anyone know about large scale printing (low quality)?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone on here happen to know much about large scale printing? I need to have an image printed out to about 44" x 81". There are plenty of places online and locally that can do it, but they're all doing poster-quality printing. I just need it to make a one-time-use stencil for cutting something out of 4'x8' piece of plywood, so I don't want anything high quality (i.e. I want cheap and crappy).

Does anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks,
--Stephen

You can use photoshop (or have someone do it for you) and easily divide the image into scaled one page sizes segments. Then print pages on a normal printer and the tape them all together.
There are probably other software programs that will do the same thing.

Maybe try asking at a Staples print service desk.

If you can get hold of an opaque projector, you can project your image on your board and trace it. In the days of slides and slide projectors, that works, also.

An old fashioned way artists used for enlarging things: print your image on 8.5 x 11 paper, draw a grid. Draw the same grid on your board and then sketch in your image using your paper print as a guide.

Check with a printing company that does blueprints or some stencil paper vacubond type paper. I can do this at work but we're in Canada so it might be cheaper getting something nearby without shipping.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

When Kinko's was just Kinko's, it was about $5 to get a sketch blown up to about 36x48 to trace onto a canvas. I would assume FedEx Kinko's would be able to do the same and just divide the image into three parts if they can't do it on one piece.

Thanks for all the tips!

I think I'll try the blueprint option. I'll swing by a local printing company this week to see what they say.

I don't mind breaking down the image into 2 pieces, but I am hesitant to try printing out too many smaller pieces and getting them all to line up properly.

Unfortunately the only projectors I have access to are at work and I think my office would look at me funny if I brought a sheet of plywood in. It would be hysterical, though.

--Stephen

Latest posts

Back