After the dentist....!!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost couldn’t look at this… I saw “dentist” and fear them, which is funny because I’ve had eight teeth out total (big German teeth in a petite English mouth) and none of it was too monumental (probably my irrational anxiety over what might go wrong as per usual). How I found my oral surgeon was funny though. I knew I had to get my wisdom teeth out before I was dropped from my parents’ insurance, but I put it off, and off, and off… It just so happened an oral surgeon practicing near Ann Arbor found my art at a gallery in South Haven when vacationing and wanted commissions, so he was given my address. After realizing he was a nice guy, I figured, hey, it’s not going to get any more comfortable than this, so I stepped up to the task—all that really hurt was the IV going in and what the insurance didn’t cover he took in a painting instead of cash, so my covering the bill didn't hurt either. It was a weird but oddly comforting experience showing up at his office and seeing my drawings on the walls! I don’t think I ever used up my Vicodin prescription either, it was that un-traumatic (my filling was more tender afterwards, but I suspect the guy who did that was a bit of a sadist). Needless to say I floss and brush like crazy to avoid as many procedures as possible! biothanasis is right--there's no substitute for taking care of yourself physically and mentally (though the no alcohol suggestion is right out).

Back