A couple of Lehua's plants

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I believe this is some of Grahams breeding. I've seen a number of his plants on Ebay in recent weeks.

This first is called Paph French Jewel. A cross of Jewel Green X Duguesclin. Duguesclin is the primary hybrid of sukhakulii by masterianum. You can clearly see the masterianum in it, esp the dorsal. The pouch is really more brown then I captured.

This one is very complex Maudiae type! Paph Red Illusion. A cross of Grand Illusion by Red Star (according to the tag) Where did all the red go?!

I find it to be an intriguing outcome

They're both a little hooded over but I think they'll straighten out now that they're in Texas rather the Hawaii!

"Lehua" rather than "Lahua" so ppl can google correctly... :)

The bottom plant has a dose of mastersianum in it from both sides as well - Grand Illusions is Macabre x Grand Master, which is 1/2 mastersianum, and Red Star is progeny from Red Maude, which has William Matthews in its background, a cross of lawrenceanum and mastersianum. The color and the lacquered texture of mastersianum are so dominant, even many generations removed.... Interestingly enough, Red Maude is really a seminal grex - it received an AQ, and the colors and forms of the awarded ones are every bit as good as modern awards; it has also been a tremendous parent.

This is amazing how on my work monitor(Dell), my PIC are so dark but at home, much lighter. Samsung at home.

Back