paph violascens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@

@n@iwod

summer blooming :)

violascens-karkar-july-2008.png
[/IMG]

Congrats, that's a lovely one. This flower has got a very good shape and colouration.
Unfortunately Paph. violascens wasn't often shown here in the forum by now.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Ohhh... Nice one! I love this species, but am a little scared of it--I hate killing plants. Just don't feel as though I'm at the point where I ought to try it.

Fine job!

Hello @n@iwod,

hopefully you will apologise when I jump on your thread with a photos for of my P. violasces for comparison. It's from 2006 when it was flowering for the first and last time by now.

paph_violascens.jpg

In my eyes the shape of yours is a bit better.

Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Thank you all

Excellent example of the species! Is this a second generation cross?
A division

We hardly get to see these:(
How about a couple more pics from different angles?
I agree. It's beautiful...more pics please.

violascens-bottom-july-2008.jpg

violascens-left-july-2008.jpg

Another violascens with a goog shape dorsal (2006) : you can see a lot of pics from different angles
http://www.papuanum.com/orchids/orchids-photo-gallery/violascens.htm

Hello @n@iwod,
hopefully you will apologise when I jump on your thread with a photos for of my P. violasces for comparison. It's from 2006 when it was flowering for the first and last time by now.
what appens ? :(

What happened?:confused:

I have had a severe pest problem last year and almost all plants in one room of our house were concerned. Paph violascens was one of them
First I thought on a fungus infection and treated the plants in this way. But the infestation spread on very quickly and in the end I lost some plants.
Later on I talked with Mr. Popow about my problem and he was sure the problems were cause by mites - false spider mites or orchid mites (Tenuipalpidae). Perhaps I brought the mites in with new plants??
My P. violascens is still alive but was strong damaged and it takes time to bring a plant back into a growing rhythm.

Best regards from Germany, Rudolf

Nice flower. Used to have one. Plant was doing great, set the bud and then everythings go downhill. the bud blasted and plant slowly die. =( Is there any sib crosses that is more robust and easy to grow??

Great! I used to have one...actually two, but one was labelled "papuanum" (typical in the 80's). They lasted for a few years, but because they always budded in the summer the heat would blast them...did get the "papuanum" to bloom once. I now have 2 seedlings...they are doing well, but growing slowly.....Take care, Eric

Very interesting species! Yours looks good! Good colour. The shape and proportions are odd on this species - what does it do to hybrids?

Latest posts

Back