• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bulbo. kubahense & singulare flasks

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s1214215

Reaction score
Hi

I have two flasks each of Bulbophyllum kubahense & singulare flasks. The first is a new species and very hard to get. This is a first time in flask as far as I know. Singulare (PNG) is another hard to find species.

Bulbophyllum kubahense $155 see this link for a pic.

http://www.orchidsonline.com.au/node/4615

Bulbophyllum singulare $185 see link for pic.

http://www.orchidspecies.com/bulbsingulare.htm

I will be collecting these flasks this coming Saturday from the grower (26th Apr) and can mail them out from then once phytosanitary has been obtained.

Phytosanitary is $14 and postage will depend on the amount of flasks. EMS mail (5 day express -barring Customs time) is used. Flasks will ship from Bangkok, Thailand.

PM me if interested or if you have any questions.

Brett

Hi Ronan, I got your message.. Tried to message you back, but you are over your message quota.. Can do, but be fast as there are two of each species left only.

I can grow divisions and established bulbos very easy, but having terrible results with flasklings. Over 90% loss on multiple attempts with different species.

Any ideas?

I can grow divisions and established bulbos very easy, but having terrible results with flasklings. Over 90% loss on multiple attempts with different species.

Any ideas?

What do you grow them in? Here they just get coconut husks and wrap a few bits around the root mass and push that into a pot. Seems to work very well. Keeps them moist, but not wet.

What do you grow them in? Here they just get coconut husks and wrap a few bits around the root mass and push that into a pot. Seems to work very well. Keeps them moist, but not wet.

Usually a mix of coconut husk and sphagnum, or straight sphagnum.

Are they more sensitive to humidity fluctuations than other things?

No, I dont think more sensitive Rick. Here the they just use coconut husks/chips and that works well. Certainly dont let them get too cool at the start unless thats the nature of the species. This species does not like extreme heat, but certainly is not a cool grower. All the same it appreciates a cool off at night and seasonal change to set blooms I am told.

Brett

I know these are pricey, but this is a rarely available offering.. This offer ends on the 27th of this month as I have to confirm to my friend, the supplier if I want the last flasks.

Brett

Back