Colmanara Kilauea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hchan

This is Colmanara Kilauea 'Pacific Harvest'. I think this intergeneric might now be known as Odontocidium because one of its great-grandparents got reclassified? Too difficult to keep track... Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem to appear on the International Orchid Register: there is a Miltonidium Kilauea and an Oncidium Kilauea.

I bought this in spike, so can't take any credit for the bloom :D

Cultivation for these is supposed to be super-easy, so let's see whether I kill it :evil:

P1010403.jpg

Thanks, there are some much flashier ones, but this is what they had in spike.

Actually I think this particular intergeneric is now Miltonidium, although most of the other Colmanaras have been reclassified as Odontocidium. This one's parentage is: (Miltonia spectabilis x Miltonia russelliana) x Oncidium varicosum.

Pretty!

Orchidwiz shows an Oncidioda Kilauea; some of the photos look similar to your flowers, including one with the same clonal name as yours.

Pretty!

Orchidwiz shows an Oncidioda Kilauea; some of the photos look similar to your flowers, including one with the same clonal name as yours.

Thanks Joanne! Could you please post the parentage for me if it's not too much trouble? :) Curious then that it's not on RHS' IOR...

Here ya go...

Oncidioda [Oncda.] Kilauea: (Oncidium Sphacetante x Oncidioda Charlesworth

By the way, on closer inspection, while your flowers do resemble some of those in the Orchidwiz photos, they don't actually resemble the ones of the Orchidwiz photo of the clone 'Pacific Harvest'. Interesting... Maybe somebody else with Orchidwiz can chime in with an opinion.

I think so. That's the plant in February 2010. It blooms serveral times a year and grows quickly. Now the plants needs another repotting since the pot is full of roots (Maybe I will pot it on a 8 inches pot or I will divide it). It is disease resistant (seval other intergeneric have spot on their leaves) and rather pest free.

BurragearaKilaueaHawaii_modifi-1.jpg

I think so. That's the plant in February 2010. It blooms serveral times a year and grows quickly. Now the plants needs another repotting since the pot is full of roots (Maybe I will pot it on a 8 inches pot or I will divide it). It is disease resistant (seval other intergeneric have spot on their leaves) and rather pest free.

Thanks for the photo, yes they are rather similar in form, though our colourations are a bit different. The leaves on mine are also surprisingly spot free. I'm planning to move mine to S/H, but going to wait until it finishes blooming before I make the move. I'm thinking these could look quite good left to grow to specimen size.

Latest posts

Back