Vendor for semi-hydropoic pots?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wkw

Reaction score
Just retired and getting back to my phaps. I have grown in SH before but don't recall where I bought the pots? Thanks.

Just retired and getting back to my phaps. I have grown in SH before but don't recall where I bought the pots? Thanks.
Interesting that you ask. I have a large quantity taking up space in my barn...nice heavy plastic. Got mine from first Ray's many many years ago, he probably still sells some?

Anyway, if you are close to Lansing MI, come get them cheap. I'm not shipping pots, I don't even have time to ship plants.

I often used deli containers (quart size) which you can get at several places. Soldering iron works for the holes, but be smarter than me and make them outside.

Interesting that you ask. I have a large quantity taking up space in my barn...nice heavy plastic. Got mine from first Ray's many many years ago, he probably still sells some?
Nope. Discontinued that years ago, even before I moved to NC.

If I’m not mistaken, after the first 10-15 years in which I was the sole outlet of pre-drilled S/H pots, there was a guy near Charlottesville VA, that began doing so after viewing one of my orchid society presentations, but alas, he’s apparently gone out of business, so now it’s a do-it-yourself supply only.

I started with deli containers, cases of which were supplied by a company in the Chicago area, and a non-profile that had jobs and job training for the developmentally disadvantaged, arranged for the drilling- a “win, win” in my book. As I now water more frequently than ever, I don’t bother with clear pots, which tend to break down faster in UV exposure, I buy white plastic “cans” from Uline.

Back