This is just a test of ImageShack and Photobucket image color..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the record, this is the first time I have peeped at somebody else's pixels.

Post #18- enlarged 400%, the bottom photo appears to have better quality.

Interesting that these two hosting sites have not been pitted against each other before here.
Thanks.

In the smaller image (photobucket?) the image has less contrast and or less saturation. There is also a loss of detail as you can see by looking at the tiny hairs on the stem. The detail loss may only be a result of the loss of contrast.
When the contrast is lowered it in effect takes away the quality of the light captured in the photo so it looks dull compared to the original.

I think you are on the money there Lance. On my monitor the photobucket photo looks flat in comparison. The ImageShack photo really pops out at you, just like the original.

I've seen enough to convince me to move over to ImageShack. I also like the fact that it doesn't resize the photo as well.

David

This is just another test following Dot's advise using ImageShack. The flower is Ida ciliata.
img2472.gif

Hello Dot,

Your procedure works well. I will follow it. Thanks you.

I do think that I get truer color with ImageShack but the great differences I was seeing to begin with were due to the fact that I was following two different procedures with the two programs. When I was depending more on Photobucket to prepare my images for transfer to the forum, it was loosing a lot of information. Now, when I follow your procedure and give Photobucket a photo it does not need to modify much, the results are fine.

Chuck

Back