Paph. Ice Age x Pacific Shamrock

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEslipper

Reaction score
Not sure if this is registered yet, but I love the fine stippling on the flower. It has only been open about a week, so the light green will continue to fade until the background is a pure white, which is a fun progression to watch. The flower is a bit smaller and more cupped than on previous bloomings, but I'll keep it around since I know it can do better. It has a nice tall stem that presents beautifully, so on a good blooming it's really quite nice. The bleached yellow leaves are on an old previously bloomed growth that is on its way out, the plant currently has 2 nice mature growth and 2 new leads with solid green leaves, so I'm not too concerned about it.
IMG_1280.JPGIMG_1305.JPGIMG_1311.JPG

Here's the 1 month update. Pretty much all the green in the flower has faded at this point, so it's a beautiful pure white background overlayed with some fine stippling. It's a fun progression to watch, and it should hang around for another month or two at least. The flower didn't open any flatter this blooming, but I know it can, so I'll keep it around and hopefully bloom it better next year!
bIMG_5829.JPGbIMG_5849.JPGaIMG_5803.JPGaIMG_5809.JPG

I personally like white flowers including this one. I don't know what are doing to keep a complex flower fresh for 2 to 3 months as you predict. I can't keep them that long even when I keep them in my very cool greenhouse (55 degrees). Please share your secret with me.

I personally like white flowers including this one. I don't know what are doing to keep a complex flower fresh for 2 to 3 months as you predict. I can't keep them that long even when I keep them in my very cool greenhouse (55 degrees). Please share your secret with me.
I don’t do anything special, I grow them in an east-facing window in my home. A flower life of 2-3 months is considered pretty standard for complexes, as far as I understand, and some can last even longer.

I only have one complex Paph and it looks remarkably like your bloom. She is Paph Freckles ‘White Sapphire’. She has been blooming about a month and has morphed to almost pure white.

Latest posts

Back