Saint Ouen ‘Ice Queen’ JC/AOS (Hanne Popow flavum x besseae flavum)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmcmkl

ST Supporter - from Minnesota
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased this from Woodstream back in May of this year. Their listing described it as a proven white from their breeding. I was hoping for a white phrag but as you can see it has bloomed out with a hint of pink, especially in the pouch. But you know what? I really like it anyhow. It's only been open a couple of days so we'll see how it progresses. Actually when it was just starting to open it looked like it had a blush of yellow to it but that has faded.

Phrag Ice Queen #1.jpg

I was offered a division of St. Ouen 'Snow' from he who shall remain nameless years ago. A sister plant I'm sure. If you want a white Phrag try Mem. Anne Stuckey, AKA Polar Shift. Bill has one one the WSO list.

I actually have a Phrag. Polar Shift 'Ghostwriter' AM/AOS purchased from Bill a few years ago. I got it to bloom once last November and it was quite nice. It's been struggling since and hasn't tried to bloom again. Haven't killed it yet though! It was potted in a mixture heavy in rockwool which I have found causes me problems for my phrags over the long term. I have been moving all my phrags to semi-hydro using LECA and this is now in that mix. So far the phrags I've move to semi-hydro seem to really like it.

This is from that blooming.
1697038756615.png

I actually have a Phrag. Polar Shift 'Ghostwriter' AM/AOS purchased from Bill a few years ago. I got it to bloom once last November and it was quite nice. It's been struggling since and hasn't tried to bloom again. Haven't killed it yet though! It was potted in a mixture heavy in rockwool which I have found causes me problems for my phrags over the long term. I have been moving all my phrags to semi-hydro using LECA and this is now in that mix. So far the phrags I've move to semi-hydro seem to really like it.
I don't have one any more. I do have a Phrag. Shoshone River in bud, that should be close to white.

Latest posts

Back