Paph. Dollgoldi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, final piece of evidence I have to submit to the Defense...

This is a CU of roth petal.
Here we can see that the pigment lines are actually made up of horizontal connected "dots". On the petal edges the dots are actually connected vertically and the vertical connection could be the underlying "netting" in Dollgoldi.

So can roth be the genetic source of the netting?
What does the jury say?

rothCU.jpg

gonewild said:
What does the jury say?

I need a nap! LOL!

Thanks for all the info and replies. Unfortunately, I'm no further ahead on a decision. There seem to be a lot of possibilities to consider and now, I just don't know which ones are the most valid.

Last edited:
Hmmm....here are the recent pics for this bloom- it gets slightly yellower as the bloom gets older.
Dollgoldi_051211_2.gif
Dollgoldi_051211_1.gif

I have flowered my Dolgoldi from the flask I bought from Dr. Tanaka but they were certainly yellow. The Paphiopedilum 4 Taiwan book has a cover photo of Dolgoli and there are a few Dolgoldi's in it and they are all yellow. Lance's 2nd photo is a green Dolgoldi, which I have never seen before. But this has different shape from Leo's photo, and it is closer in shape with any Dolgoldi's. I still think Leo's Dolgoldi is Harold Koopowitz, with narrower petals. No matter what, it is still a nice flower.

Nice.

It is pretty yellow for a Harold Koopowitz. I'm happy with Dollgoldii. If that is what the label says than that is what it most likely is. It may be slightly different from your average Dollgoldii but there are no features in that flower that clearly prove that it cannot be a Dollgoldii. You do get genetic variation, even in a primary hybrid. The main evidence is the label.

David

Latest posts

Back