Old paph no id, spotted and curly, any ideas?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cach26

Reaction score
Hello everyone I got this paph 4 months ago, is a division of a plant of more than 20 years, I do not know what hybrid is, must be very old, any idea?

Attachments

• Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-04-19 a las 12.31.24_48680073.jpg
    Imagen de WhatsApp 2024-04-19 a las 12.31.24_48680073.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1
My guess would be Paphiopedilum Leeanum; a cross between insigne and spicerianum made in 1884 by Lawrence. This is a very common; variable hybrid but I think your flower fits within that variation. As always, there is never a 100% guaranteed name for a plant that lost it's tag. Maybe some other members can share their view as well.

Could this be Paph. insigne x Paph. esquirolei? We just had a Paphiopedilum hirsutissimum var. esquirolei come on the judging table last month at the Great Lakes Center.
We did not award it but the flower was kind of a green, golden mustardy kind of color and the petals, dorsal margins, were ribbon like or undulated. That unknown Paph has the same undulation on the same margin.
It was definitely greenish, not bronze.

They are twins :D, I called them "Cain and Abel"

Yes, it's paph leanum, thank you all very much for your contribution.

What is the oldest Paphiopedilum plant you have seen?

When they gave me the division, the plant was flowering, it had 30 floral rods with 2 flowers each.

Latest posts

Back