My Florida Slipper Vacation

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick, I read this post earlier in the day. I got to thinking, how in the he-- did you get out of Junes without buying anything. Glad I went back and reread your post. I'd be interested in what you got from Junes.
You know me Bob, into the multis, a roth, a huge kolo in spike, a chuck with 4 spikes on it of phili 'Alford', 2 Frank Smiths in spike, something else I can't remember and a godefroyae,v leuco

Nice tour...I agree with the Shun Fa Golden comment. I wish they had let us tour the stud house when Paph conference was held. Though I imagine the thought of paph lovers running amuck in the stud house might be stressful.
Scooby, did you meet Patty? She told me to stay and get PICs as long as I wanted. She went back to work.:D

Last edited:
I think Patty started working there the weekend of the symposium. June brought her in from Carter & Holmes, I believe. Anyway, she was probably overwhelmed at the new job and a drooling mob of slipper enthusiasts.

I got a peak at the studs, but since it was November, not a lot was going on with the Paphs. Some fab Lycaste and phrags though!

UPDATE: Plants arrived today!

Can you tell I was a bit excited?
p1050516k.jpg

In my left is a huge plant of kolopakingii, low spike. In my right is a 8 growth piece of philippinense 'Alford', 4 spikes.

nice haul rick, thanks for the photos. i think the delenatii cross could be Paph. Pink Sky

Wow! Such a primo bunch of plants! I love that Lynleigh Koopowitz plant with several spikes! (I guess an FCC plant kinda ought to stand out...)
I also always love seeing greenhouse pictures and looking at the equipment I drool over. Thanks for posting these.
Nice to find out about the Phelps folks! Your haul from them is amazing! Good shopping!

Wheeeeeooooo over the JOE purchases! Isn't that always the most exhilarating feeling? You are going to have such fun nurturing those outstanding plants!

Sure about your hands ? :) ?

Did you go by car or ?

Jean

SEE! I am/ was excited!!:rollhappy:

My brother and I drove through a hellish rain storm for approx. 700 miles of the 1200 trip. At times the rain was falling so hard we couldn't see the freeway and we were down to 20 miles per hour top speed!. If this wasn't bad enough, we dodged a bullet when a huge tornado chased us down the freeway in Mississippi and finally caught up with us at a gas station where all the occupants coward in the walk-in cooler until it passed over! After that happened I told my brother "This is one memorable trip that will not be so forgotten!"
I flew back with my wife, mother-n-law and six year old daughter, quite boring.:rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back