kovachii 'Halloween'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find Phragmipediums to always have interesting pouches :)

On the kovachii it's rather dark and velvety.. rather interesting to look at and touch.

Yes, and the shape on kovachii is so unique.

Exactly!!! The shape, colour and velvet texture is so unique and lust-worthy! :)
I've never touched one...I'm extra jealous now.

Nice, thanks for sharing. I got that mix from Orchids Limited. I heard that the mine in Canada will start producing diatomite in 2015 again. :)

Nice, thanks for sharing. I got that mix from Orchids Limited. I heard that the mine in Canada will start producing diatomite in 2015 again. :)

That would be such a relief if that would happen. I've put those rocks everywhere
for all generas! The responsable thing to do would be to recycle them. But I'd rather not.. :p I've tried to replace with coarse perlite or clay balls, but it's really not the same. Diatomite seems to be both at the same time. For phrags seedlings
I have great results with rock wool, clay and chichlids mix but for adult plants it's not coarse enough...

Nice flower!

Do you have any cultural tips?

I wish I had, but beside patience and rigour in watering your kovachii (and phrags in general) I haven't done anything different to flower it. I grow under lights (this one's under LED) in my basement which has an intermediate environment. :)

I still have some and since I'll have to move it very likely could get thrown out

Eric, I'll trade a manzurii x besseae seedling for diatomite :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back