I'm New!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchman

Hello everyone. I'm new to the website as you can see from the thread title.
I have been growing Orchids for a few years now (Only about a dozen or so), they never cease to amaze and excite me whenever a new flower spike appears. I have only 2 Slippers Orchids, a Phrag 'Perciei' and one other that I am not sure of, but produces an amazing Dark Burgundy flower, ( I have only had 2 flowers from it in the last 5 years!!) The rest of my Orchids are a selection of Phals, Dendrobiums, and Vykulsterias'.
I also have a collection of Tillandsias on some dry wood 'architecture' that I made myself.
I live in Historic Wells in Somerset, a beautiful part of the country, and I am retired after spending over 25 years in HM Forces.
That's me!:wink:

Welcome from Canada, Orchman! We're happy to inspire you to build those slipper numbers up a bit from just 2! You'd better start building more growing room now. :)

Thanks John M. I will try now that we have little more room now, although my wife complains she will have to undergo jungle training if we get any exotics as she calls them. Orchids are so addictive!

:clap::clap: WELCOME!!!
.... tillandsias can be considered exotics, especially to those who can't keep 'em alive! We like pictures!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. How the heck do I insert an image? I have a picture of a Paph that I would like to share, but can't figure out how to insert in this message! I am not sure what is meant by the URL of the image.

Latest posts

Back