Delenatii 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice plant Rick and thank you for all the good informations you provide us. I have not enough space to cultivate my Paphs in baskets as you but I have added more holes in the lateral sides of the pots and add more crocking in the bottom of these. I prefer watering more often than to have a stagnant moisture which is rotting the roots.

So, in the basket how often are you watering? Are you letting the moss dry before watering again?

I throw water everywhere daily for the mounted plants so the baskets get at least a little bit daily. The phrags get more water, so the moss is more obviously wet all the time.

The baskets definitely dry out faster than pots, and more evenly too IMO, but with my normal heavy handed watering I don't seem to need to pay much attention to what the baskets are doing. The weekend fertilizing is the heaviest watering, and during the middle of the week it's pretty random on how heavy the baskets get watered.

Now that I'm thinking about it, before baskets my collection got 1 gal/day every morning, and now its between 1.5 and 1.75 gal/day each morning. GH is 12X12, and pretty packed.

I prefer watering more often than to have a stagnant moisture which is rotting the roots.

Me too, but I would say that K-lite fert made more of a difference on poor root issues rather than the baskets all by itself. Some of the baskets slowed down a lot before going K-lite, but then took off again with the fert change.

The seedlings left in pots where even more noticeable in root improvements with K-lite.

Latest posts

Back