besseae and dalessandroi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silvan, may I suggest a clonal name for your besseae? 'Yétécoeurant pis j'en veux un bout' seems to be a very good name...

lol :rollhappy:
great clonal name!
You know, when I started this experiment it was exactly to make you a "cutting".
Since the Suzanne Decker division fiasco (don't worry, you'll eventually get a division), I try a more passive approach to divide plants.
In the meantime I have some really niiiiice lindleyanum x kovachii.. want one? .. or a dozen? ;)

I have done this same thing many times but usually I cut a hole in the bottom of the second pot when the stolen is very small and let it grow into the pot before I put mix in. When it's tall enogh I fill the pot with mix and let it grow roots. In a few cases I have had four lots stacked up all tide together. Sometimes the first or second plant dies back by that point but every time when I cut all the stolons apart the old growths (which look like there is nothing in the pot) always sprout a few new growths. So don't throw it out after you cut them.

woah thanks for the tip! I was exactly going to throw the old dying growths after I made the cut. I'll wait then. Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back