1st thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely blooms! I'm glad to see your plants doing well in the aircone pots, as that's what I've been putting mine in.

Your P. bellatulum album is great. 👌 I tried to grow them .... but unfortunately so far without success. :confused:
i fell in love with bellatulums when i first started this hobby. i killed 2 or 3 bellatulums before i got one to bloom size. this is going to sound awful but the more i neglected them the better off they were and out of no where i got a few to bloom. 😂

Hi merc. I agree with GuRu, beautiful P. bellatulum album. I too have tried growing them with not much success. Could you possibly share some of your cultural knowledge around this plant?

i fell in love with bellatulums when i first started this hobby. i killed 2 or 3 bellatulums before i got one to bloom size. this is going to sound awful but the more i neglected them the better off they were and out of no where i got a few to bloom. 😂
I have grown some Brachies successful even P. bellatulum ... but I wasn't successful with P. bellatulum album.

Last edited:
Could you possibly share some of your cultural knowledge around this plant?
being that bellatulums weren't cheap i overly stressed over them. i repotted frequently, watered frequently, examined the plant frequently for fungus and bugs. i had a few die on me and always noticed the leaves on the dying bellatulums were less succulent than my other brachys. flimsy leaves means weak roots so i started reading up on how to get big fat fuzzy roots. i added kelpmax, k-lite and the probiotic supplements from firstrays to my arsenal and stopped messing with the plants so much. i also added a bunch of cpu case fans to my shelves to help get the air flowing. i water every 7-10 days and let nature do it's thing. :p

Back