Delenatii 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
This could also be placed in my old thread on basket culture for slippers.
DelenatiiWebA.jpg

DelenatiiWebbasketculture.jpg

First attempt with photobucket

Looks like it worked

Nice, my vini from my friend paphman is spiking as well. However it seems like the bud is small for the plant. It's a foot across. I saw a delenatii blooming on a 4 inches plant! I started feeding the low k for about 8 months now.

This is in an 8" basket for scale. I bought this plant as a NBS from Matt Gore in summer 2008. It barely held its own for the first year or so until I started spiking with mag sulfate (2009 - 2010??), and then it improved dramatically, and the foliage pattern got real pretty. It bloomed fairly well last year, but wanted to see how it would do in basket with K-lite. Its add 3 or 4 nice growths, and as you can see got a double bloom on one spike.

Nice, my vini from my friend paphman is spiking as well. However it seems like the bud is small for the plant. It's a foot across. I saw a delenatii blooming on a 4 inches plant! I started feeding the low k for about 8 months now.

eggshells, that's normal, the vini buds look small but they'll extend nicely.

Rick, dang nice del. Good growing.

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing, Rick. I am sad to say that I don't think my adult plant will flower this year.

Very well done. My delenatii culture needs some help, I think that I'll try your method.

I have 2 delenatii's and one has generally been lagging. Before I put this 2nd one in the basket it started producing small twisted growths. It's really shaped up with the new culture, but probably won't bloom this year.

delenatii2.jpg

Latest posts

Back