My Florida Slipper Vacation

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I called in advance to visit two firms while in Florida, Some may have heard of Phelps Farm Orchids and I had to visit June's Orchid Estate. I did contact Ernie but it didn't workout on this trip.
Paul and Patricia Phelps, great people with a nice selection of Paphs and some Phrags.
p1050347q.jpg

A view of their front bench in the second greenhouse.
p1050345r.jpg

A few plants I picked up for some very good prices. Far left, Deena Nicole-10 growth 50.00; in bud, Paris-8 growth 60.00; in bud praestans-7 growth 75.00, it has a second growth in low spike too; Front left Angel Hair X philippinense (fell into two singles, 16and 23 inch fans) 30.00 and the last one, micranthum 15.00

p1050504u.jpg

While at JOE (June's Orchid Estate) I took a few PICs in their stud house.
Nice clump!
p1050351h.jpg

A close up of one of many lowiis
p1050349b.jpg

A FCC Lynleigh Koopowitz
p1050372l.jpg

Again
p1050371f.jpg

Alice Barrios
p1050370x.jpg

Gloria Naigle
p1050367d.jpg

Mem. Larry Heuer
p1050350.jpg

Harold Koopowitz
p1050353.jpg

I think Paph Moustache
p1050355.jpg

victoria- reginae
p1050356u.jpg

St Swithin
p1050357m.jpg

One of the ne
p1050359.jpg
w ones advertised on their website hybrid X roth

Macabre X suk
p1050360.jpg

A pollinated Crystelle!
p1050366s.jpg

A big white!
p1050368a.jpg

And finally my brother with a very helpful and knowledgeable sales person, Patty
p1050352l.jpg

It could be Fren. I forgot to mention that I picked up some really sweet plants while at JOE's but can't post PIC's until they arrive. Too much stuff for a plane trip back home.

Last edited:
Great plants you show us and great purchases!!!!
I am esp. curious to see the Paris blooms!!!

(philippinense X praestans = Deena Nicol
bellatulum X stonei = Paris )

Jean

The only thing missing in these photos is me! I vould have gone nuts released in there. :drool:

.thanks for the tour!

That Mem. Larry Heuer reminds me of those that should be Paph. Shun-Fa Golden (malipoense x hangianum) ;)

Agree,for shure,look at the staminode....
Also I think that Gloria nuggle is a Delrosii and Harold K. is a Dollgoldie.Big place and spectacular flowerings.Lucky to be there...hope some day to go there too!

Sounds like you had a great trip! We'll catch you next time. How was the fishing?

And, yeah, dat ain't no Mem Larry Heuer. :)

Admittedly I could have some names wrong. I didn't feel like making enemies by running through the greenhouses yanking tags out.:evil: I personally don't care for that to happen in my GH with people I don't know.

WOW! Rick H, Thanks for a great tour, some "AWESOME blooms they have there... Jim.

I'd also sorta guess that the Harold Koopowitz might actually be a Paph Frank Smith (roths X Norito Hasegawa) just because June has acres of them.

I'd also sorta guess that the Harold Koopowitz might actually be a Paph Frank Smith (roths X Norito Hasegawa) just because June has acres of them.
I was going to suggest Ernie "You run by June's and get accurate names for me!" :clap: I really screwed things up!

PS. I bought two of the Frank Smiths, both in spike

Nice tour...I agree with the Shun Fa Golden comment. I wish they had let us tour the stud house when Paph conference was held. Though I imagine the thought of paph lovers running amuck in the stud house might be stressful.

Latest posts

Back