Sarcochilus Velvet

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

This is a great little plant and the flowers progressively open. This is the best quality I've seen this plant produce flowers before and I think it's looking very nice......unusual time of year to flower I would have thought.

I grow this cold right down to freezing.

DSCF1854.jpg

Neat! Love Sarcos. Been considering them for the yard. How warm can it withstand?

It seems to withstand temps betweel 32F and 105F.

But it needs to cool down to flower so it depends on how cool your winters are.

WOW!!! I think I could grow this successfully!!!!! I also saw this one on the picture of the new additions you had recently and thought to tell you to show it to us, but here it is....:D

WOW!!! I think I could grow this successfully!!!!! I also saw this one on the picture of the new additions you had recently and thought to tell you to show it to us, but here it is....:D

I think you could definitely grow it, cool winters and hot summers should be ok. If you get a lot of 40C in a row you will need to keep it cooler but it can take the odd hot day at that level. 30C every day in summer wouldn't matter.

Give one a try and see how you go, they are pretty easy to grow.

Nice! I do have some problem with mine though. I'm still trying to find the right mix for it.

It seems to withstand temps betweel 32F and 105F.

But it needs to cool down to flower so it depends on how cool your winters are.

That's our range. Winter nights usually just above freezing to 50ish (mid 40s most commonly), summer nights about 65-70, summer highs about 90-95. Thanks.

That's our range. Winter nights usually just above freezing to 50ish (mid 40s most commonly), summer nights about 65-70, summer highs about 90-95. Thanks.

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to grow and flower these.

I am not 100% sure they need a cool down to initiate flowering but they do get cool in their natural environment. Most people growing them warmer don't seem to get flower spikes.

Latest posts

Back