Paphiopedilum QF Ki'owaiokihawaine

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know, there are some pretty hard to pronounce names from other languages out there... That is definitely one to use the printer for making labels. :)

To be honest I've never liked vietnamense or most of its hybrids. For me the flowers have worse form and last a fraction of the time of the equivalent delenatii hybrids. I know some people really like them, that is OK. Not yucking somebody else's yum. I'd like to see delenatii x violascens, I bet it is better and the color is less punctate.

I had to really stare at this for a minute or 2, but I like it. I really do. It has potential.
My biggest issue is the length of the inflorescence.
The overall form needs a little work. The dorsal leans a little right and the right hand petal could be a little flatter at the apex matching the left petal.
The dorsal has a noticeable curved, pale line of uneven color left of center and if that was even, it would be better.
On the pouch, just below the rim left side, there is another light streak there. Take that away and the pouch is pretty darn nice! But these are minor issues really but a couple of points here or there could make a difference,
In looking at both parents, if they both bloom on long inflorescences, that could lessen my deduction.
If the overall size of the flower is where it should be between both parents, it could be awardable. The petals are broad and yhe overall color I find to be quite nice.
I definitely would keep it Dj!!! 👌

Back