Zygopetalum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A Zygopetalum like many others... But Zygos are not easy for me. They seem to hate warm and humid weather... and since I grow almost all my orchids inside all year long (summer is usually very cool and short here) the leaves are always spotted at the end of summer. So I called this plant "mon orchidée dalmatienne" (my dalmatian dog orchid). I was surprised to see it flowering after such a difficult summer.

I still don’t undersand the name of this plant. It seems to me that the name was not written correctly on the label.

Zygopetalum Kiwi Geyser "Geyserland Warringal Wonder" x Titanic x Seagulls.

Not only 2, but 3 parents...

Maybe it is Zygopetalum Kiwi Geyser "Geyserland Warringal Wonder" x (Titanic x Seagulls)?

Or Z. Kiwi Geyser "Geyserland Warringal Wonder" x Titanic "Seagulls" ?

Zygopetalum-1.jpg

If that's miserable, how can I torture mine to make it look so beautiful?

I should have told you that I removed the ugliest leaves!!! And that I lost some buds because of fungii.

NYEric: Yes, of course I know that a plant must have only 2 parents...:rollhappy:

This is why I didn't undersand the name on label !

Strange : The flowers were fragrant when I bought the plant... But after ...no fragrance at all with the next flowering!!! :confused::confused:

I tried. No success at all. But the air temperature is not very hight at day where I put it for display (less than 75 F during the day)

I thought about relative humidity. Humidity of the air is rather high here by now. Is it possible that humidity hinder frangrance through the air (not sure of the sentence... I mean "entraver la propagation du parfum dans l'air...").

Oh boy... I should take English lessons !

I never thought about humidity. Interesting theory. The greenhouse where I volunteer is not very humid, and the fragrance of the Zygos is usually very intense.

Eric, I live in Hampden since 2003 (population: 217 persons. And, no, this is not a mistake. less than 300 !!! Not 20 000, not 200 000, not 2 000.... 217!!! There are more deers here than men and women), a few miles from ... USA (Maine in fact). But I know what cities are. I came from Quebec city and I was born in Montreal (although I don't remember anything from this city since I was a baby)

Latest posts

Back