Zygo.'Bluebird'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's very nice.:clap:

I gotta do something different with my one and only Zygo. It grows like a weed, but produces one low count spike about every other year.

Any ideas?

nice plant, lovely flower, esp. the bluish lip!!

Rick, I got one in 2006. After blooming, I repotted and gave it much water, light and feeding. It had 4 spikes some months ago with about 20 longlasting flowers; but new shoots do not like water inside!!. Jean

Rose, I love it. You know blue is my favorite color, and the fragrance of zygos....... heavenly.

That's very nice.:clap:
I gotta do something different with my one and only Zygo. It grows like a weed, but produces one low count spike about every other year.
Any ideas?

Rick, I got one in 2006. After blooming, I repotted and gave it much water, light and feeding. It had 4 spikes some months ago with about 20 longlasting flowers; but new shoots do not like water inside!!. Jean

Thanks guys! This cross is supose to be known to bloom 2X's a year, so I don't know if it's me. I had gotten 2 plants(for $25) of this cross from orchidTN, an ebay seller, Feb.'07, both in bloom with 1 spike. I treated the zygos like cymbidiums so in May they went outside, the north/east side of the house, they got sun til 1pm. but also benefit from any cooler breezes being on that side of the house. Put them on a fertilizing schedule, same as cyms. I believe it's high nitrogen til summer, then switch to blooming formula, then come fall none. They stay outside into Oct/Nov depending on the temps or once I saw spikes, then it came in the GH. The one plant bloomed again during the summer with 1 spike. This plant stayed on a yearly blooming cycle but 2 spikes this time! Hopefully this helps.

Latest posts

Back