Yunnan-Sichuan Tour with the Perners / Mai-June 2015

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely photos Jean. I hope your friend Yoshi is also my
friend Yoshi from California. If so, you had a great traveling companion.

Angela, yes, Yoshi is still in California :)!

For you all: Here the link to Yoshi's site, where you can see more detailed pic sequences about our common trip (look at the 3 most recent posts, but there are great documentations about his other trips too)!

=> http://www.yoshis-travels.com/index.shtml

Jean

Thanks for all of the great photos. Loved seeing them. Did you get to see Holgers greenhouse?

Yes Bob, I did, but not time enough to look into details :eek:! Wenqing was thinking that this could be one more reason to return :) !! Maybe I should post some more pics of their plants!!

Jean

Lovely photos Jean. They bring back a lot of memories from my trip, but with added things I didn't get a chance to see, for instance C. lichiangense, C. margaritaceum, and C. yunnanense. You were lucky to see C. plechtrochilum so late in flower still.

Questions - did you see the C. fargesii in Jiuzhaigou? We were scheduled to go there, but went to a different location. Did you see C. farreri?

Too many flowering plants/ferns in that region to stay on top of all the names - I know, I tried. Many of the ones you show I also saw.

Please post more shots if you have time! Thanks.

Hi Tom, you surely remember Guny !!!! She as on the trip!!!!

No comment for fargesii (Holger asked for that => pm)! We did see farreri in bloom, but in Holger's nursery! We only found one in bud in Wanglang!

=> You should check Yoshi's site for more pics and comments!!

http://www.yoshis-travels.com/index.shtml

Jean

Wonderful photos Jean of a stunning region. I first noticed this area in one of the episodes of the BBC's "Wild China" documentaries (which is my favourite doco). I was completely taken by the beauty of this region. Your photos remind me I really need to visit there at least once in my lifetime.

I love all those slipper orchids especially those with the variegated leaves. The landscapes are wonderful too. I really like the The Stone Forest park, which looks to offer a lot of photo opportunities. The Huanglong national park looks beautiful with those turquoise pools. I remember that from the doco. And how cool are the pandas. It looked like a fantastic trip.

Thanks Jean

Hi Tom, you surely remember Guny !!!! She as on the trip!!!!

No comment for fargesii (Holger asked for that => pm)! We did see farreri in bloom, but in Holger's nursery!

Got the pm Jean. Same thing when I went, mouth closed about some locations.
How can anyone forget Guny? I think she's been on every Perner tour by now :rollhappy:

Bob asked about the Perners' nurseries:

So, here some quick pics, as already noted, I had by far not enough time to look in detail all those beauties!!!

I did not take note of all the names, maybe Holger will have a check !??

First, Cyps from their Huanglong beds:

tibeticums:

yellow bardolphianum:

farreri:

Jean

I just discovered this thread, thanks for sharing these great photos! As great as the orchids are (especially that tigrinum), I really love the other pictures, the wonderful landscapes, architecture and people. Makes me want to go there! Must have been a wonderful trip.

Holger sent me today the group foto, as well as a pic of Cyp farreri they met in-situ on their June-Sichuan trip! I made a rectification for the naming of Androcorys, which should be Porolabium biporosum. Holger added a pic of Androcorys pugioniformis that they found during the June tour! And the Goodyera is G. schlechtendaliana.

All the pics here by Holger Perner:

Cyp farreri:

Androcorys pugioniformis:

and our group :) !

Thanks a lot Holger!

Jean

It looks like a very satisfied group! That C. farreri is a beauty - I never grow tired of this species, especially in the wild. I did get to see their labs, but for all too short a time since I had to catch my flight home. That's a nursery you could spend some serious time.

Latest posts

Back