Yunnan-Sichuan Tour with the Perners / Mai-June 2015

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I participated together with my friend Yoshi and 8 other ladies and gentlemen to this year's Yunnan-Sichuan trip organized by Wenqing and Holger Perner.

I will start my pics with the slippers we met on our trip, then non slipper orchids, then some other nice blooms we saw, and finally some other impressions I brought back, if you are not yet saturated by then:

Cyp bardolphianum:

Cyp calcicolum:

Cyp fargesii:

And a last one, the natural hybrid of tibeticum x farreri: => Cyp wenqingiae, named for the lovely Wenqing Perner!

To be continued!

Jean

A few non-slippers then:

Amitostigma monanthum, very tiny bloom!

(Androcorys pugioniformis) seems to be very rare in China: => correct name for this plant is Porolabium biporosum

Bletilla ochracea:

Calanthe brevicornu:

Calanthe tricarnata:

Coeloglossum viride:

Epipactis mairei, impressive plants with rather large flowers:

Galearis roborowskii:

Goodyera repens (?) ==> G. schlechtendaliana:

Oreorchis indica:

Oreorchis nana:

to be continued!

Jean

Last edited:
Some pics of the places we have been to. We started with a few days in Chengdu/Sichuan previous to the tour start. Visited a.o. the Panda breeding station, one of my main interests there!!

Chengdu Wuhou Shrine:

Selfy:

We then flew to Kunming and met with Wenqing and some other participants to visit Stone Forrest Park:

The tour started with a bus drive from Kunming to Lijiang, here old town Lijiang:

Jade Dragon Mountain near Lijiang:

Then drive to ShangriLa, here Yangtze river:

Napahai lake:

=> see next

Monastry close to Shangrila:

Back in Sichuan - Jiuzhaigou national park:

Finally some rain:

Wanglang National park:

Huanglong national park:

So far for my pics; maybe some people if you are interested!?

Jean

Lovely photos Jean. They bring back a lot of memories from my trip, but with added things I didn't get a chance to see, for instance C. lichiangense, C. margaritaceum, and C. yunnanense. You were lucky to see C. plechtrochilum so late in flower still.

Questions - did you see the C. fargesii in Jiuzhaigou? We were scheduled to go there, but went to a different location. Did you see C. farreri?

Too many flowering plants/ferns in that region to stay on top of all the names - I know, I tried. Many of the ones you show I also saw.

Please post more shots if you have time! Thanks.

WOW!! Awesome pictures (especially all those Cypripediums, but loved seeing the landscape and people pictures too!), looks like you had an amazing trip! Makes me want to go there too! Thanks you so much for sharing!

Robert

Must have been a great trip! Thanks for all these wonderful pictures, Jean!

Latest posts

Back