Your "To get list" - What is it

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have orchid purchases on hold for moment.
Been preparing wife, mildly, on Canon 800mm purchase.

Any advice from the happily married men?

Have orchid purchases on hold for moment.
Been preparing wife, mildly, on Canon 800mm purchase.

Buy her a really expensive piece of jewelry (must cost at least 2x the cost of the lens) Give it to her, let her start to cry, then tell her you also bought yourself this measly little lens while you were out shopping.

I guarantee you wont be in the dog house for more than 6 months by following this strategy :poke:

Nope. Good luck with that! ;)

Well, my wife would never realize what such a lens is worth. If she did, she'd make me buy her a new car or something.

And I'm glad you got an order in with us before you cut yourself off. :)

Canon EF 800mm F/5.6 L iS USM costs 13000,- euros over here.

I don't know what the cost would be in the US but I don't think that anyone here can give you proper advice.

more select/awarded roth divisions (but only can afford during bonus time and next year is already spoken for). i also need to become much more wealthy to get the level of plants i really want!

i am not buying any plants right now, but one species i can never have enough of is Paph stonei....esp. mature plants which are not easy to find and seedlings grow so slowly...

someday in the distant future when i have more space and money, after i am satisfied with my rothschildianum collection i want to get into awarded complex paphs

Buy her a really expensive piece of jewelry (must cost at least 2x the cost of the lens) Give it to her, let her start to cry, then tell her you also bought yourself this measly little lens while you were out shopping.

I guarantee you wont be in the dog house for more than 6 months by following this strategy :poke:
:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy: sounds like you're talking from experience! I'd have to admit - it would probably work on me but don't use jewelry, an orchid plant of course & then he could take the nice picture using the new lens! :p

..i am not buying any plants right now, but one species i can never have enough of is Paph stonei....esp. mature plants which are not easy to find and seedlings grow so slowly...
It's a weakness for me too Justin.
I'm having a hard time resisting June's offer this month in Orchids, think I'm gonna cave soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that sangii have disappeared from the market, I'm looking for them again.

Probably should reload on dayanum too.

But I guess before I fritter all my money away on more orchids, I probably need to spend it on a more efficient heating system and more insulation.

Aerangis fastuosa
Angraecum magdalenae
Galeandra batemanii/baueri
Maxillaria tenuifolia
Neofinetia falcata
Paphiopedilum rothschildianum
Phalaenopsis violacea
Phalaenopsis bellina
Phragmipedium besseae

Sounds weird but if I won a million dollars tomorrow, I would set out to build a greenhouse, and fill it with dozens of each of the above species. I don't want one of everything, just several of those that I love.

We share the same list:poke: but I think 1 million is not enough this days!!!:rollhappy:

Well, my "dream home" would be tiny, as in a one room cabin with a reasonably large property around it. I don't want to see my neighbors. Don't need all buzzes and whistles either - an old, small truck, a not so expensive country (as long as there aren't too many guns about and mine is at least as big as other people's). I do require some electricity, enough to have a few lights, drive a water pump, and heat an oven. Also, very important, a good clean water source. I can do without internet, though it would be nice to have, not a necessity.

(as long as there aren't too many guns about and mine is at least as big as other people's)

your gun doesn't need to be as big as others, just shoot longer and straighter ;)

while we're at it, I would like some humidity in my growing carts in the winter (and not outside in my apartment) and an auto-watering and drainage system :D

Last edited:
Hello Chris.
Mostly birds. Most are stand off ish. When away from home, time doesn't allow to set up blind. Ticks, sumac/poison ivy, and other natural barriers are also factors.
As I age, there will be physical factors also.(Even now I ask myself-Will I break my neck doing this?)
Military aviation. The airstrips are too far from fence for the lens I have.
Grizzly bear. No explanation needed.
The ghost orchid at Corkscrew could use 22lbs. of glass too. imo.

Hello Marc. Add extra heavy duty tripod and head, extended warranty, full insurance.

Hello Ernie. Christine takes train. Nobody gives a crap at train station parking lot. She drives 35miles/week, so new car not feasible.:)

Divorce is not an option. ;)

Wish lists are always both fun and frustrating, but if I'm going for broke, this would be it.
I reserve the right to add more to this list. :rollhappy:

A superior clone of Trichoglottis pusilla
Neofinetia falcata 'Kokuryuu'
A baby piece of myxodex's (Tim's) Shisen Fuuran
N. falcata 'Gokosuei'
N. falcata 'Benitengu'
N. falcata 'Suisen'
N. falcata 'Kinkirin'
N. falcata 'Ryoku Hou No Shima'
A baby piece of KyushuCalanthe's (Tom's) Kibana Fuuran
Cures for cancer and heart disease (all-encompassing)
A superior clone of Sarcohilus ceciliae
A few Dwarf Tophat Blueberry bushes
An 'Elle' Hybrid Tea Rose
Phalaenopsis Kung's Lob-Lawrence 'Sweetheart'

I told you I was going for broke! :p

addition: N. falcata 'Raikoumaru'

Last edited:
I just got some Pleione formosana! But I am looking for other species!!! I am also looking to get some Habenarias!!