Your "To get list" - What is it

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marco,

I just checked the beginning of this thread and found out it was you who started it back in 2007! Things were a lot different back then for me. I think I wanted a nice little house in the highland tropics. Now, I don't know, somewhere quiet and natural is enough. That certainly isn't Japan...

Eric, yes! Desensitization sounds like the perfect solution :rollhappy: What floor are you on? High enough to cut some of the sound I trust. I lived for a short time on a main artery in a street side apartment on the 3rd floor - that was intense. Even with ear plugs it was deafening.

Everything is indeed relative. I remember coming back into society after living out on the Appalachian Trail for six months. Even in the "countryside" of north Florida I was amazed at the sounds and smells of human dominated areas - shocking. After 13 years of living here such places would feel like the depths of wilderness.

Marco,

I just checked the beginning of this thread and found out it was you who started it back in 2007! Things were a lot different back then for me. I think I wanted a nice little house in the highland tropics. Now, I don't know, somewhere quiet and natural is enough. That certainly isn't Japan...

Funny thing you mention. I just went back and saw that i pretty much have the same to gets when I first started the hobby back then. I just got a wonderful kuroshinjo from NWO. Perhaps you need a change of scenery/vacation for a couple of days. Somewhere beautiful and outside of japan like [here].

Then when you get back home to japan you love it all over again.