Your time starts now!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Teresa's on the right track, but I think the multi has to be the parent rather than the grandparent given 3 flowers on this one...

so I guess Dallas (curtisii x fairrieanum) x roth

yay...i can't believe that cross exists...looking at some of those crosses made with A. de Lairesse and Morganiae...wow

Well yes - that is my answer. I just thought it quite odd since as far as I know Paph. Unique so far has no registered offspring.

Yep, Paph. Unique (roth X fairrieanum) x curtisii

Well done Scott you got it and well done to Tim/Theresa for getting the mix of species.
I'm impressed that curtisii was recognized in some of the early guesses.
It seems that this cross hasn't been registered. I asked the breeder about it and he said he's been to busy.

$20 on the way Heather.

Regards and thanks, Mick

so surprised the Unique was fertile...fertility is such a huge issue with fairrieanum...

lol at me being wrong with having roth as a parent instead of a grandparent - nice work Teresa getting all the right species

Did you get this one off Nicky Zurcher Mick. He seems to have lots of obscure hybrids. I've got another weird hybrid in bud at the moment from Nicky.

Did you get this one off Nicky Zurcher Mick. He seems to have lots of obscure hybrids. I've got another weird hybrid in bud at the moment from Nicky.

Yes, this is some of Nicky's work. I bought it by mistake as I was after another Paph Unique. It wasn't until I got it home that I noticed that the tag said Paph Unique x curtisii. I found that it hadn't been named and called him to get more of the story.

I have 3 other hybrids from Nicky that haven't been named. I'm not joking, Nicky could issue a catalog of unnamed hybrids. If you get to Adelaide, its worth a trip out to Nicky's place as he has thousands of Slippers in bloom at any time of year.

Mick

Latest posts

Back