Your societies newsletters - Legal stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paul Mc

Hey everyone. I realize legal stuff is boring, but I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention in the US that the Federal CAN-SPAM laws do apply to non-profit organizations such as orchid societies. I know I personally receive a few society newsletters that don't comply with Federal law, not that I mind but there is always a risk.

I'm reading into it now, and there are things I think each society should be aware of, especially just for best practice purposes to avoid any lawsuits, fines, or ISP blocking from Internet providers. While the risk would appear to be minimal, it is still something I encourage you to look at regarding your societies use of the legal and ISP email blast stuff that you may want to implement just to avoid any potential issues.

If you Google "non-profit newsletter CAN-SPAM" you will see a lot of informational articles for consideration.

Just want to ensure all of our societies are safe guarded from any potential liability.

Back