You know you're obsessed with orchids when....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....you watch on the news that the police department just made a huge marijuana raid, and contact the police to see what happened to the grow lights.

....your criteria for choosing a new apartment is based on how many and what size windows face what direction.

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. :crazy:

....your criteria for choosing a new apartment is based on how many and what size windows face what direction.

My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. :crazy:

No kidding.. the first thing I look for in a new apartment/town home is window size, window sill size and direction, then where can i possibly put the babies, shop lights, and fans.. then it's the balcony size... furnitures and bed? well, they can fit anywhere, i don't care.. I only need a mattress.. :rollhappy:

I bought about 50 orchids (different Genera) in spike for selling at the Flea/Farmers Market, & decided to keep about 15 for myself (mostly Paphs) for possible breeding.

Tom

1. You know you are obsessed when you go to a show with a limited budget, go through that money, hit the ATM twice, and then split the rest between 2 different credit cards.

2. When you plan family vacations around orchid destinations

3. When you start searching online, Gardenweb, grow lists of strangers for a species you can't locate at vendors.

I'm working on him. He bought four orchids at the last show we went to. :evil:

That is right I saw both of you. Just be patient soon he will be the one pushing you to go to next show!

-----------------------------------------

1. You know you are obsessed when you go to a show with a limited budget, go through that money, hit the ATM twice, and then split the rest between 2 different credit cards.

2. When you plan family vacations around orchid destinations

3. When you start searching online, Gardenweb, grow lists of strangers for a species you can't locate at vendors.

Been there, done that!!!! You are soooo right!!!

Ramon:)

You know that you are in way too deep when at night :snore:you are dreaming the orchids swaying and singing the Pointer sisters' tune:

Your eyes tell me how you love me
Can feel it in your heart beat
I know you like what you see
Hold me, I'll give that you need
Wrap your love around me
You're so excited, I can feel you
Getting hotter, oh baby
I'll take you down, I'll take you down
Where no one's ever gone before
And if you want more, if you want more
More, more, more

Jump for my love

You know it's time to head to O.A.* when as a complete and total newby you order a compot of Dollgoldi from a vendor who will be at your local society's orchid show in October because someone here posted a picture of the damn thing and you must have one, and all they have is compots and worse, you're not exactly sure what to do with a compot. :rollhappy:

*Orchids Anonymous

….you awake to NPR giving you a closer to vague idea of what’s up and a wall of IKEA pendant lights with y-adaptors and double CFLs beaming into your face and those of your orchids. That is, if the humidifier and fan (and earthquakes/aftershocks from living on the 15th floor in a brick building without steel reinforcement awaiting the New Madrid Fault's “big one”) didn’t keep you up.

You go to sleep w/ the additional theraputic benefit of the babbling brook sound effects from 13 pumps circulating water around the roots of your plants! [Hmmmmmm.. must-get-Disas....ZZZZZZZZ...

...you contemplate leaving your car running, risking having it stolen, because it's snowing and minus-freaking cold due to a freak April storm, so that your car will be toast warm for your new orchid babies that you bought at your local orchid society meeting...

You know you've got a problem when one of your two aisles in the g.h. looks like this...
sideaisle.jpg

and you can't walk normally, but have to shimmy down it sideways. And you're building another one.:sob:

Latest posts

Back