You know you're obsessed with orchids when....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Robin - I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the sun has arisen when her lights come one each morning....sigh...

Honestly, we're all there, clearly!

Everyone except for Candace apparently. Where's a player hater smiley when I need one?

I started to complain a bunch and then deleted it all. I'm not really a player hater--mainly I'm just sore that so many people in this city have sun rooms they put their spare junk / piles of boxes in. I want to knock on their doors, offer them a bit of plant rent and reassure them that sleeping near a mealy bug or two is no big deal really, much like spraying for them in your kitchen sink with something you're thawing for dinner nearby.

No kidding - can you come talk to the woman on my way to work with the sunroom full of only geraniums while you're at it please?

At least they’re plants. That’s really all I’m asking. You don’t have to be obsessed with greenery, but if you’re lucky enough to have such a space, at least put a houseplant or two in there and a chair to read by them--opposite the wall of junk if need be. When we were looking at condos and homes with sun rooms, I had grand plans of a small citrus and miniature banana. I do a lot with what I’ve got though, and have elected to be happy with it 95% of the time…me and my miniature angraecoids and parvis! I do get a fair amount of sun, as is evident by my Den. aggregatum, jenkensii and C. aclandiae in bud in the non-lights section, so it could be much worse.

You are addicted when:

1: You decide to rent 4000 square feet of greenhouse space.

2: You find out how big 4000 square feet really is, but decide quickly that "this won't take long to fill up."

3: You grow orchids at more than one location.

4: You decide that a business based around your orchids really does make sense.

look at paph catalogues for stress relief when it is exam time! :crazy: my last exam tomorrow. Base a botany course project on cypripediums of alberta. Go way overboard on explaining floral parts of Orchidaceae on midterm exam

have orchids or some sort of plant on every window. Grow other plants, but the orchids still take over

have grow lights that turn on before the sun in the winter....hey they wake me up

continually adding more shop lights...and then finallly HID

envy that both next door neighbours have sunrooms....and they are empty! (If house for sale sign comes up, we are trading houses!)

over used the humidifier so much that midew was growing in the winter b/c of condensation (never again...the house is worth more)

had a complete stranger jog by and knock on the door to come in and wonder why there are so many blooms(random old phals everywhere). And then claims to be a horticulturalist and then points out the wrong reasons...'your humidity must be high, you have aquariums'

Get somewhat tired of the phals b/c of too much popularity and concentrate on other orchids...neglect makes phals bloom too:p

Check out the orchid section of the supermarket everytime...can't help it...but they are always all phals, I am so hypocritical

trying my best to make sure every spike is displayed correctly

You are addicted when:

1: You decide to rent 4000 square feet of greenhouse space.

2: You find out how big 4000 square feet really is, but decide quickly that "this won't take long to fill up."

3: You grow orchids at more than one location.

4: You decide that a business based around your orchids really does make sense.

I think this is beyond addiction, this is more like institutional :sob:

Back