Yet more henryanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Darin

Two flowers in a 2.25" pot.

5062274837_4b00bacd29.jpg

5062886438_30119a0b12.jpg

Nice.

Good job with the photos- I find henry pouches (and similar glossy pinks like lowii and hirsutissimum petal tips) very tricky to photograph well to get good color render and minimal light bounceback.

Nice. Lovely colour.

Nice.

Good job with the photos- I find henry pouches (and similar glossy pinks like lowii and hirsutissimum petal tips) very tricky to photograph well to get good color render and minimal light bounceback.

I always had the same problem. I've started using polariser filters on these species to good effect.

David

Nice. Lovely colour.

I always had the same problem. I've started using polariser filters on these species to good effect.

David

I try to avoid a polarizer as IMHO it takes away the subtleties of the waxiness of the flower. I seem to get okay results by moving the flash off camera and putting a reflector opposite the flash.

Great plants, although the second one is definitely my favourite photo. Love the henry's!!!

I try to avoid a polarizer as IMHO it takes away the subtleties of the waxiness of the flower. I seem to get okay results by moving the flash off camera and putting a reflector opposite the flash.

I'm not a fan of flashes myself. Just prefer to use natural light. I take your point about the the affects of a polariser on the waxiness of the flower. But in the end, the heavy reflections and washed out colour is too much of a price to pay for me.

David

:drool::drool: Nice henry! Nice vigor! Where did you get this one? Looks like the dorsal is fairly flat !:clap::clap:

This one came from Russ Vernon a few years back. Dorsals seem to stay fairly flat. I dont like the gap they create between the bottom of the dorsal and the petals though. Wish they were just a bit fuller/rounder.

Back