Yet another Phragmipedium longifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Clark

Top ten reasons why I'm posting this:

10. Beats cleaning the bathroom.

9. Never enough longifoliums on the forum.

8. Started taking photos in basement with new light bulbs.

7. Wife wasn't home and wanted to use her camera.

6. This is my second plant that flowered from flask.

5. The moustache is cool.

4. I have not seen this done before.

3. IT'S ANOTHER K-LITE PLANT :clap:

2. TGIF

And the number one reason why I posted this plant.....

It's--- For Sale! and I thought I would use this link for reference.

Phragmipedium longifolium 'Woodstream' AM/AOS x self

Thanks for looking:)

Sweet!! first bloom on the spike!! it will continously bloom on that spike for a year or more if it's happy, good growing!! Keep it blooming!!

Seems pretty compact for a Phrag. longifolium, which would be good for windowsill and under light growers as long as you've got enough light to bloom it.

My "seedling" on the other hand is threatening to take over the world.

Seems pretty compact for a Phrag. longifolium, which would be good for windowsill and under light growers as long as you've got enough light to bloom it.

My "seedling" on the other hand is threatening to take over the world.

It is blooming on small plant. I offered to pollinated that plant, but offer was declined.

This is #2 to bloom out of that flask. #3 should bloom by the end of Jan., I can see the start of spike.
Plant #1 threw 2 spikes nearly simultaneously. These are vigorous plants now. Amazing changes since switching to K-Lite and lowering the total amount fertilizer used.
I'm at one teaspoon to seven gallons water. All the time.

Bullseye on the light. These have slooooowed down with the shorter days.
I think longifolium redefines the term bright.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
The new expectant owner has a 100 gal. rain barrel and 14 gallons on hand
in the greenhouse ready to use. Also a K-Lite user. Groucho will be quite
happy. Looking forward to it!

You grow this wet?, l have a tray of water under mine, the bottom of the pot sits in about a 1/4" of water

Thank you very much.

You grow this wet?, l have a tray of water under mine, the bottom of the pot sits in about a 1/4" of water

I sit it in a tub of water, so that the water fills the pot right up to the rim.
Let it sit for a few, and drain. I don't do the pressure sprayer in the house. Major cause of erwinia here when growing indoors.
Outdoors, it doesn't matter. Water any time, everywhere. It doesn't matter if water gets in the crown of the leaves at 9:00pm outside.

Great way to get rid of pill worms. They drown easily.

Back