Yellow Primary

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
P. thaianum x P. armeniacum

It was a lot yellower right as it was opening up, but it is getting bleached out fast in just two days!

So cute! I regret for not getting more.

LfUWFX7l.jpg

Last edited:
OH MY GOD I want this!!!! :drool: This one is beautiful!!! :clap: (where did you get this??)

Very cute! I gave a talk on thaianum at Mid-Atlantic monthly judging in September; this would have been a nice photo to include. I suspect this will get a fair bit flatter and mature to the palest of yellows.

Very cute! I gave a talk on thaianum at Mid-Atlantic monthly judging in September; this would have been a nice photo to include. I suspect this will get a fair bit flatter and mature to the palest of yellows.

Tony, have you seen rothchildianum x thaianum? I thought about getting a flask from Sam, but I have not.
I would think thaianum will breed like niveum as seen here with armeniacum?
Regarding plant size, this particular plant of mine is bigger (narrow leaves but very long) leaves than either parental species.

I hope someone in America remake this cross. I really like it and want more.
No doubt many will bloom on much smaller plants than mine.

That is really quite cute. Wish I had picked one up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, have you seen rothchildianum x thaianum? I thought about getting a flask from Sam, but I have not.
I would think thaianum will breed like niveum as seen here with armeniacum?
Regarding plant size, this particular plant of mine is bigger (narrow leaves but very long) leaves than either parental species.

I hope someone in America remake this cross. I really like it and want more.
No doubt many will bloom on much smaller plants than mine.
I worry about that cross. I know that the goal was to make a woluwense that blooms on a tiny plant, but I have a feeling that what you will get is a tiny-flowered woluwense on a big plant. As far as I know, none have bloomed yet.

This is really nice. :clap: Maybe I should pester Claudio to see if they have any more hanging around in a back room. :)

Gorgeous!
Thaianum is my favorite species, and I have been trying to find crosses. Where did you get this?
Is Sam Tsui the foremost breeder working with thaianum?

Tony,
Do you have your talk on video or anything? Would love to check out what you shared.

This is really nice. :clap: Maybe I should pester Claudio to see if they have any more hanging around in a back room. :)

I actually asked him to see if I could get more, but he said they were sold out fast, a hit item, and he would look for flasks of this cross in the future.

Really nice. What is the size of the flower and the plant?

Haven't measured, but the flower is about 5 cm, so it's more like big thaianum than regular armeniacum size.
The plant is about 18 cm from leaf to leaf. The leaves are very narrow like typical armeniacum with beautiful mottling which is a nice blend of both species.

Latest posts

Back