yellow ladyslippers+ at labrador hollow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Most of these pictures are of cypripedium parviflorum var. pubescens so i'm putting in the cyp forum. I'm still uploading pictures so some aren't showing yet

After leaving Lime Hollow the other day, I headed to the Labrador Hollow Unique area to see how the yellow ladyslippers and others were progressing. I found a few heartleaf twayblade orchids open and emerging, and a good number of yellow ladyslippers open with many still to open. Though other places seem to have plants emerging and opening much earlier, this wet and cold area seemed to be right on schedule. There may be less yellows up and flowering this year, but I saw many old seed pods from last year, and many small seedlings coming up through the moss

lab512a.JPG

heartleaf twayblade; tiny!

lab512b.JPG

lab512c.JPG

a lot of twayblade flowers look like little people!

labyellow512a.JPG

labyellow512b.JPG

this poor flower suffered before opening, ouch!
labyellow512c.JPG

labyellow512d.JPG

shy youngsters yet to open

labyellow512e.JPG

I noticed this year that many of the flowers have lateral sepals that stick out like
yosemite sam's moustache

labyellow512f.JPG

lots of seedlings around the colonies this year. also saw lots of old seed pods from last year

labyellow512g.JPG

front of nice colony, many just opening

more on reply thread

Last edited:
:clap::clap::clap: Bravo Charles !!!!
Unfortunately I can't see the first 2 pics, but the 3rd one is showing a lovely, unknown to me, bloom!!!!

And of course the slippers are grandiose !!!! Jean

thanks! I fixed the upload for the three missing pictures and added a few more captions. our isp's flash based file uploader is pretty buggy sometimes; can't load more than one thing at a time or else it says the second and successive files have uploaded but they never do

Back