Yellow Jacket Guppies

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My one aquarium of these cute fellas and ladies of guppies that look like swimming hornets lol. I’ve had them for 5 years now with another population at a buddy’s to mix genetic pools every year to maintain health and vigor.

Interestingly they don’t eat their young. They can also eat algae to survive.

Attachments

• IMG_6142.MOV
    31.6 MB
Wow I did not know that origin. Thanks for that info.

Was there other lines that came from that or others later from these yellow jackets?

I’ll take a pic of aquarium soon.

You might have heard of them as Endler guppies Leslie? That's one of the common names used this side of the pond for wingei or wingei hybrids. They look very vibrant and great to have a stable population like that. I've always wanted to have a go at line breeding some of the show guppy strains but I don't have the dedication it takes!

Would love to see your tank too.

Hi,

There are a lot of these hybrids. The most common are the yellow jackets and red chili endless: Endler K CLASS Scarlet Chili ENDLERS ( 1 Male + 1 Female ) – LIVEFINS . I have Kenjiro Tanaka's Pink select and maple leaf guppies. If memory serves your are the product of crossing a snake skin line with endlers.

The pure winger are quite spectacular in their own right. The Blue Star Endler is quite popular: Blue Star Endler — Endler Ark - Buy Endlers Livebearers Online .

They are awesome little fish that reproduce quickly to fill tanks. At one time I had a 44 gallon tank filled with Rio Oro wingei. IMO the Japan blue endless hybrids are the best of the bunch: Endler Japan Blue .

Bye

Last edited:
You might have heard of them as Endler guppies Leslie? That's one of the common names used this side of the pond for wingei or wingei hybrids. They look very vibrant and great to have a stable population like that. I've always wanted to have a go at line breeding some of the show guppy strains but I don't have the dedication it takes!

Would love to see your tank too.
Yes I’m aware of the endlers but didn’t know the origin of mine lol. I’m shocked they stayed so pure after these many years. They were almost $150 per pair when I got them.

Hi,

There are a lot of these hybrids. The most common are the yellow jackets and red chili endless: Endler K CLASS Scarlet Chili ENDLERS ( 1 Male + 1 Female ) – LIVEFINS . I have Kenjiro Tanaka's Pink select and maple leaf guppies. If memory serves your are the product of crossing a snake skin line with endlers.

The pure winger are quite spectacular in their own right. The Blue Star Endler is quite popular: Blue Star Endler — Endler Ark - Buy Endlers Livebearers Online .

They are awesome little fish that reproduce quickly to fill tanks. At one time I had a 44 gallon tank filled with Rio Oro wingei. IMO the Japan blue endless hybrids are the best of the bunch: Endler Japan Blue .

Bye
Thanks for this info. The red chilies look cute. Never saw these types here though.

Would love to breed these but no room now.

Nice tank. Simple stylish layout. Serious aquascapers would pull the filter before taking a photo.

The stem plant does look like a Buce.

It is strange how many of us share the same hobbies: orchids, fish...
Thanks I appreciate your encouragement.

Indeed, we do overlap in many areas.

Years ago I used to breed bettas: crowntails, halfmoons and plakats. It was too much work and I gave up lol. I even went to betta farms in Thailand and Indonesia!

Latest posts

Back